Wednesday, October 27, 2010

With friends like these . . .

Recently we've been on the receiving end of much kindness - meals, plane tickets, financial help, prayers and words of encouragement. I thought I'd share one such encouragement.

A good friend sent this to me yesterday. She was talking about a song that I have long struggled with. It's a song that talks about how much God loves us, and you'll remember this summer I talked about struggling with this. There was a time in church where I sat down and couldn't sing the song - struggling with the words - and I listened to my friend stand up and sing it out. Here is what she sent me:


"I remember this time so specifically because it was a day that I felt you were discouraged and just needed so desperately to be touched by the Lord's love. I belted it out harder than normal that day because I was singing for both of us. For whatever reason, every time I hear that song, I think of you. I think of the struggle you are in the midst of. I think of how important worship is to you and how you love to worship. At the same time, I know that finding a voice to praise is a trial at times. So, I decided to be the sacrifice of praise for you. I belt that song out normally but even more so now because of you.

We sang it again today. Love that song! So, I wanted to let you know that every time I think of or hear that song, I think of you. I know you aren't right now, but, in the future, do everything you can to keep your voice and to SING praises. satan hates it, and I know that it is something that has always ministered to you. At times like this, I think that our praise truly is a sacrifice of praise. We may not feel like praising or singing, but we know that we serve an amazing God who loves us beyond belief. He loves you beyond belief, Rebecca Lynn. Let his love and presence wash over you.

Know that I am praying and praising for you. I love you dearly!"


And this is what keeps me going - friends like this that love me and love on me and bring a sacrifice on my behalf. Friends have been Christ with skin on to me. This friend's husband also laid hands on Mike and wept for him as he prayed for healing. . . . The things that I have been unable or unwilling to do, God has provided someone to do them for me - that's how good He is - that's how loving He is - that's He loves us so . . . .

Mike update: Mike has been with my family in NH and will fly to Cleveland tomorrow. His uncle passed away suddenly this week, and Mike is going to Cleveland to do the funeral. I was weary of this at first but he ensured me he was well enough, and it was important for him to do so. Please bathe Saturday's service in prayer - prayer that Mike is used by the Lord to communicate His message and prayer that Mike will physically be okay to go all day. He will stay with his family through next week as I have conferences at school, and the plan is for him to be home on 11/6.

No comments:

Post a Comment