Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ironman (Post from Mike)

I sit here, and I am Ironman..... What is an ironman? First, it's a series of triathlons and then it's a superhero. Ironically, Becka is just finishing her first mini triathlon, and I wanted to blog about the superhero she is in my life. I wont be able to write this as creatively as Becka writes our blog, but I will speak straight from the heart, just as she does. I am so honored that I get to be Rebecca Durkee's husband! She is the best superhero I could ever think of. She is IRONWOMAN! What many don't realize is all that rebecca has had to endure in these last 2 years. She has endured a sick husband, job issues, financial difficulty that would have driven many to xanax, and did I mention a sick whiny husband?

Becka has endured all of this and is still her bright cheery self. One of these situations would have driven many people into submission but not my wife. She stood up and faced it all. She took the worst while waiting for the best. I look up to Rebecca and know she is the only reason I found any strength to keep going. I wanted to quit this fight so many times, but I would look at Becka and see her resolve and say I have to stay in it for her. I know that I have messed up many times in our marriage, and yet, Becka is still here encouraging me to not settle for who I am but to strive for who God wants me to be. All of this while fighting her own battles. Becka, as you finish your race today I want you to know that you are more than an ironman triathlete, you are more like ironman, the super hero. Thank you baby for always pushing me to be my best. This blog is rambling on so I will close now. I will leave with one final thought: when you find what I have found in Rebecca Lynn, don't ever take them for granted. Thank God that He considered you worthy to have a relationship with such a person. I love you, Becks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment