Thursday, November 17, 2011

giving of thanks

My good friend has inspired me with her 30 days of Thanksgiving, and because I have but a week until turkey day, I thought I might conquer all 30 days right now. Here we go: 30: an unexpected date night last night; 29: Christmas shopping is done!; 28: a diagnosis for my sweet Shepherd as well as treatment; 27: changing leaves (Fall is my favorite season); 26: my family that redefines the word longsuffering; 25: a weekend with good college friends and lifelong friendships; 24: heat (brrr, it's cold out there!); 23: the first fire of the year!; 22: a job with guaranteed salary and health insurance; 21: 9 months SEIZURE FREE!!!; 20: many delicious meals from many of you; 19: a new headache dr that has put together the headaches and endocrine issues and has some ideas and next steps (more on that later); 18: a neighbor who helped Mike clear the leaves; 17: the holiday season (makes my heart happy); 16: recent adoptions by my friends (a cool picture of what God has done for us); 15: 2 working vehicles; 14: lots of love and prayers from so many for so long; 13: a new grief counselor that is covered by our insurance!; 12: faithfulness; 11: the deer in my neighborhood; 10: home sweet home and the ability to sustain it (only by God's grace); 9: down time in the busyness of life; 8: comfy pants (come on, you know you love them too!); 7: laughter; 6: forgiveness; 5: mercy; 4: grace; 3: love; 2: salvation; 1: life
This Thanksgiving, be thankful for all you have. If you are like us, you have been blessed beyond what some only dream of. Love to you and your families, friends. A very happy turkey day to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! And you! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so grateful to have friends exemplifying faith and thankfulness in the midst of pain. P said it - you inspire SO MANY to remain faithful. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Oh and yes, comfy pants are great, but power pants are the best! More on that later...

    ReplyDelete