Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I'm so sick of hospitals

That's right, I'm SO sick of hospitals - no pun intended - get it? - sick . . . hospitals. I digress. Well, Mike was admitted last night to get all of his meds i.v and it took forever. He wasn't admitted until 5a.m. Hospitals, ugh. The ER dr honestly said to him, "I know nothing about adrenal insufficiency." Are ya serious? Well, after I googled the number for the on call dr. in Cincy who sees Mike, he did indeed receive his meds, and all other meds i.v. Seizures haven't been too bad despite the flu, and Mike ate dinner tonight and kept it down . . . and in (TMI?) He couldn't have the CT done today b/c he was too nauseas to drink all the contrast. He just texted me, and it is all down and he's ready for it tomorrow. Mike's dr., the hospitalist, is very nice. He spent a lot of time with Mike and asked a lot of good qsts. He has knowledge of adrenal insufficiency (bonus). He ordered some tests Mike hasn't yet had (if that's even possible) and those results, along with the CT scan results, we will receive tomorrow. I reiterated to the nurse that we had to be on a plane Thursday night. Mike, and perhaps my parents, are nervous he won't make it. But, they both are determined to get him on that plane!!! My parents jokingly asked if I were dropping Mike off with them when we arrived. Have I done that before?! In all seriousness, they love having him and he loves staying with them, but we all prefer him in Cincinnati where he belongs. So, tomorrow brings more test results and hopefully a discharge from the hospital, because by golly, we have a plane to catch!!!! Would you pray that the tests results shed light on what is going on, please? Thanks, friends.
Becka

No comments:

Post a Comment