Sunday, January 23, 2011

quick update

Not much new to tell - it's been another week of frustration and tears and exhaustion. Mike continues to taper off his medicine and we are awaiting test results ordered by the homeopathic doctor. Once the results are in hand, Mike will see him. I did have the opportunity to go to an early morning workout today and then breakfast with a friend. I reaaaalllllyyyy needed to get out of the house, and it was so nice to sit and talk about others, rather than the constant talk about what's going on with us. I now jokingly tell people at work who ask how I am that "I'm livin the dream!". They laugh, so do I, and it's a good way to keep from getting into things. I do feel like Mike and I have reached the place where we are on autopilot - taking one day at a time - operating like robots - doing the things that need to be done and not much else. I've been fearful that this long time of suffering and the quietness I feel from the Lord is turning me into a bitter, uncaring person. I feel so detached emotionally from most things. But then I heard from a good friend this week that she is pregnant - which has long been something her heart has desired - and I screamed for joy for her - it felt so good to rejoice in another's blessing. Her words to me were, "This is reason to hope, Rebecca Lynn". And perhaps it is . . . .

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard to see what role the current circumstances will play in the future . . . we try to trust and believe in God's promises but sometimes it seems all there is is silence. Praying for you and Mike and answers and healing.

    ReplyDelete