Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Letter From Mike

Hello from the Mayo Clinic. I just wanted to share some thoughts that I have had lately with all who read this. I have struggled with all of this mightily. Its been hard to have things that I took for granted taken away from me. I haven't driven since October, haven't worked, haven't been a provider for my family, I haven't even been able to go to the bathroom without somebody calling out and asking if I am ok. As I got really down about all of this I realized there is something that illness cant take from me. Illness cant have my relationship with Jesus, it cant take my ability to pray and communicate with Him, and most of all it cant take away how much my Heavenly Father loves me. I hope that everybody who reads this has a chance to experience this love that I talk about. I was walking around the halls of the Mayo today and I saw some pretty sick people and the Lord reminded me that He has purpose in each and everyone of these people. God has purpose for me as well. SO I ask that tonight you pray what Gods purpose for you is. I then beg you to follow that purpose!! Thank you so much for praying for my family I couldn’t have made it without them!

Love you all!

Mike Durkee

1 comment:

  1. I continue to pray for you and your family through all of this. I understand your suffering and know that it will only make you stronger. Grace and peace my friend.

    ReplyDelete