Monday, February 28, 2011

Wanna Get Away

We all remember this ad slogan from Southwest Airlines. It starts with a person in a bad situation and then the ad breaks with Wanna Get Away? Next thing you know that person is boarding a plane going to some place nice.....but what about when you cant get away? I have driven twice in a year and a half and the rest of the time I have relied on other people to take me where I want to go. We all joke about it being Mikey's daily outing. I have to be honest sometimes that hurts. I remember when I could come and go when I pleased...that's not a right but I miss that privilege. So what happens when you cant get away, you have to stay where you are no matter what? I think that's when God does surgery. I feel like I am having open heart surgery. I am asked often what do I wake up for, what is my purpose each day? I believe God has given me this time to grow up. Grow up as a husband. Learn how to be a husband and what it means to truly serve Rebecca. For the first 6 and a half years Becka served me and I took it for granted. I had no clue what it was to be a husband. In many ways I still don't, but that's my number 1 purpose right now. Please pray for us. Not me but us, and not about just the illness but us. Not about just getting better for me but my number 1 purpose. Wanna Get Away..... Not a Chance. Want to learn to be a better husband and a mature 34 year old man? Absolutely!




Thanks for reading,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment