Sunday, March 20, 2011

Let's talk numbers!

12 - Mike has been 12 DAYS/NIGHTS seizure free!!! I'm not sure when the last time is he's gone that long, but that means rest . . . for both of us. I continue to struggle with anxiety at night and wake up during the times he typically seizes or lie awake waiting for it. I've prayed about this, tried different things to get over it, but it lasts. Prayers for my anxiety are appreciated.

7 - In 7 days I am going on vacation with my mom and sister. We are headed on a Disney cruise! Mom is taking us to celebrate Liz's graduation and my birthday. She's saved up her Disney points and we are off for a week! I'm SOOOO looking forward to vacation and time with my family. Mike will be here, with people checking in on him daily and family a few hours drive away should he need anyone. The recent seizure free days bring me hope he will be okay while I'm gone. I have mixed emotions about leaving him, but everyone assures me I should go.

5 - We spent 5 hours in the ER this week, weary of appendicitis. After fluids, a CT scan with barium, and a diagnosis of "just a virus", we were on our way home. This is a record SHORT time in the ER for us!

3 - We now have 3 months of mortgage in savings. Last time I wrote, we had 2. With Mike being unable to work and my salary not being quite enough to pay all the bills, we have drained savings, and have lived on God's grace for almost a year.

1 - In 1 month Mike goes to NIH for a free study re: his endocrine issues. He applied and was denied about a year ago, and we are thankful he has been accepted. The recent MRI he had at Ohio State showed some growth of the pituitary tumor, but you will remember that every doctor we have seen has said the tumor is very tiny and cannot be affecting anything. NIH will offer another opinion about this.

0 - I have 0 things to complain about, because I am blessed, seriously and wonderfully blessed.

Love and thanks to you all for praying and supporting us, friends!

Becka

No comments:

Post a Comment