Thursday, March 24, 2011

sweet 16

How sweet it is to be seizure freeeeee! 16 days seizure free, that is!!!! I have NO idea how long it's been since Mike's gone that long.

I should stop there, because that is the BIGGEST thing going on in our lives right now . . . . but I'm never at a loss for words. ahem. Sunday I take off for a week of vacation with my mom and sister. I am very excited, and so many Cincy friends have stepped up to look in on Mike and cook for him - he may be sad to see me back, he's gonna eat so well! With our break in the seizure action, my anxiety has actually gotten worse. I want desperately to hold on to this. As we know, this thing has been on again off again and the last round we were "on again" I wasn't sure I was gonna make it through. There is so much anxiety that it will get that bad again. I'm just waiting for us to crack under life's tremendous pressure when I should be at peace about seizure free days. I've lived for so long waiting for the other shoe to drop and this has given way to anxiety. I'm trying, friends - trying to pray through it, trying to trust through it, trying to be thankful and enjoy every seizure free moment. My hope is the vacation will be restoring and relaxing and Mike will be fine while I am gone . . . I'm choosing to trust he will be.

Signing off for a week or so. Be blessed, friends.
Becka

No comments:

Post a Comment